1. I had an awesome case of food poisoning this weekend. I feel and look about 5 pounds lighter.
2. I’ll expand on this more later, but to the people saying Ferguson isn’t about race, you’re wrong or maybe just misinformed. This happens more than people know. Not senseless killings. But being detained, profiled, beaten. It’s just that a lot of it never sees the light of day. But it happens. Lest we forget I had guns drawn on me and my son earlier this year by cops. For no reason other than I looked like a suspect that was legitimately 100 pounds heavier. You would think that nearly 60 years after apartheid ended we would be further along, but in some ways we aren’t.
3. I’m really sore from working out. I can barely walk.
4. Double feature day with Tash.0. Guardians of the Galaxy and the Giver.
5. I need Entertainment Weekly’s tv issue. I need to see which new shows I want to watch and which ones will be cancelled quickly.
6. Constantine is an underrated movie. I really liked it. The TV show looks pretty dope (coming out this fall, NBC)
7. Jordan is getting LootCrate for his birthday amongst many other things. But that one I’m sort of jealous about.
1. I went to my first ever country music concert last night, the Zac Brown Band. I triple fisted drinks last night. Like a champ.
2. I finished a screenplay and a book this week. I have been really productive. It’s been a great week of writing.
3. For the 25th time, I’ve started Friends from season 1 and will probably finish it next week sometime.
4. There are some really beautiful places in this world. I don’t understand people that don’t want to see some of them or as many as they can, if given the opportunity. This one, Mount Ai-Petry at Night, Crimea, Ukraine amazing. I have to go there someday.
5. Video editing week all week. That’s all I’ll be doing.
6. I really enjoyed the Expendables 3. It’ll bomb at the box office, but it was enjoyable.
7. I don’t have anything but yeah. Nailed it. 7.
Hope you have a great Sunday!
An amazing tribute to one of the funniest, and best people to ever walk this planet.
GPOYW - been spending a good portion of my day with this beauty.
Oh captain, my captain. RIP Robin Williams.
1. I started writing a new screenplay when I woke up this morning. I’m about 13 pages in. Which is good for a day of progress. My brain is finally free to move about the country again.
2. A long time ago I stopped worrying about who likes me, who doesn’t like me. If you like me, fantastic. If you don’t, it’s just as fantastic. There are 7 billion people on this rock, and life is too short to care about shit like that. Same with drama. I have no time for that.
3. kind of bummed that Jordan’s birthday present won’t be here. eBay seller kind of dicked out and didn’t send it, while simultaneously closing their account. Just opened a dispute with eBay.
4. I find it extremely odd when people claim they don’t know what something is or what it’s about, but Google exists. Like it’s not easily available to look up by typing in “what is…” It’s that simple.
5. Who is your favorite superhero? Mine has and always will be Captain America. Followed by Superman, Iron Man, Thor, and then like all of the rest. Favorite Team? Avengers, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Justice League.
6. I say “you go girl” a lot. Even to guys.
7. I have an insane amount of Foam Fingers from Stadiums. Secret obsession or whatever.
Happy. Mother. Fucking. Monday, Yo. (This Brain Dump took me like an hour to write)
Mugshot Monday up in this biaaaaatch. I wake up with an insane amount of energy. When I sleep that is.
1. Seeing certain people leave my life, is the best thing ever.
2. The Lone Ranger came on last night, I would never have paid a dime to see that movie. What a terrible way to spend $300 Million. Yes. You read that right. The Lone Ranger was shot/marketed at a cost of $300 million. How much did it make? $260 million worldwide. That is what Hollywood likes to call a bomb. It did not make a profit and with DVD/Blu-Ray sales it will need to make about $200 million to break even.
3. Here’s the wedding invitation I made.
4. Any suggestions on TV shows I should bingewatch next week? C’MON GIVE ME SOME IDEAS.
5. Morgan Freeman has not aged a day since the Shawshank Redemption.
6. I really hate when someone’s terrible singing ruins a favorite song of mine. Just because you can sing, doesn’t mean every one should do it. DON’T RUIN MY FAVORITE SONGS.
Hope your Saturday is as fabulous as you all deserve! Have a beer, drink, tea, lines of Pixy Stix, Gummi Bear roulette (That’s where you put a shit ton of Gummi Bears in your mouth and chug a shot of vodka, ok I made that up, but it sounds good. New Drink).
purplebullfinch said: In all sincerity, what do you get out of watching a first-run movie, such as "Guardians of the Galaxy," six times over a short interval; are you, as a director, studying specific issues, and what might those be, or are you just enjoying it, wanting to take the ride, again?
I get a lot of things out of them:
1. Marvel is notorious for hiding things in their movies. I like finding them all.
2. I enjoy movies, probably way more than others.
3. There’s a certain way I watch movies. I think I blogged about it once. I watch them as a fan. A writer. A director. An editor. A fan again. And then just out of pure enjoyment.
4. I like looking at the technical aspects (CGI, special effects, makeup).
5. It’s just fun.